Remember that song you stayed up till 2am writing and demoing? Oh yeah, it's still chillin' in your iTunes somewhere. But why? Because you wanna record real drums on it but can't. Or that EP you started but didn't finish. The drum complex again, right? Maybe you don't have the right room, the right gear, a great drummer, the expertise, and so on. So you use a Garageband loop.
Let me help you with that.
I've been drumming on the road and in the studio for a long time. And now that I've got a studio of my own, I can track drums anytime I want. And they sound great. My gear list is always growing/changing, but here's some of what I work with:
- a nice, open room with hardwoods
- 1970s Vintage Ludwig Super Classic drums (13/16/20)
- 6x14 Tama Starphonic Bubinga Snare (super versatile!)
- Various cymbals (Zildjian K Customs, Paiste Twenty Series & more)
- API and Digi preamps
- Lots of mics (feel free to ask)
- Lots of experience engineering, producing and playing drums for clients
There's so much that goes into getting a great drum sound. Which is why that CD your band recorded in high school sounds the way it does. Mine did too. But I've learned some things since then.
Full Production: $75/song
Here's what you'll get:
- For Demos, you'll get great sounding, well-played tracks
- For Full Production (these songs get mixed, mastered, etc), I'll give even more time and attention to detail by working with you to make sure everything's just right. Plus, you'll get several "takes" of me playing through the song (giving you lots of options), individual drum samples, and heck -- I might even throw down some shaker and tambourine action.
- Raw, processed and "beat-detected" tracks (if you like it right on the grid)
- My "producer's hat" -- which means I'll work with you to come up with a creative, but tasteful drum parts that serves your song
- My "engineer's hat" -- which means I'm obsessed with things like mic placement, ensuring everything is in-phase, and sounding great
- My "drummer's hat" -- my ability as a player to adapt to the song, whether it's worship, pop, country, rock, etc. But don't send me metal. I don't own a double kick pedal. :)
I'm doing a lot of mixing these days. Here are examples
of my work. If you hire me to track drums, I'll give you a $50 discount on mixing your song, too. And I'll make sure your tracks sound killer! I'm not happy until you are.