Remember that song you stayed up till 2am writing and demoing? Oh yeah, it's still chillin' in your iTunes somewhere. But why? Because you wanna record real drums on it but can't. Or that EP you started but didn't finish. The drum complex again, right? Maybe you don't have the right room, the right gear, a great drummer, the expertise, and so on. So you use a Garageband loop.
Let me help you with that.
I've been drumming on the road and in the studio for a long time. And now that I've got a studio of my own, I can track drums anytime I want. And they sound great. My gear list is always growing/changing, but here's some of what I work with:
- a nice, open room with hardwoods
- 1970s Vintage Ludwig Super Classic drums (13/16/20)
- 6x14 Tama Starphonic Bubinga Snare (super versatile!)
- Zildjian K Customs, Paiste Twenty Series & more
- Lots of mics
- Lots of experience engineering, producing and playing drums for clients
Full Production: $100/song
Here's what you get:
For Demos, you'll get great sounding, well-played tracks. 2 takes.
For Full Production (these songs get mixed, mastered, etc), I'll give even more time and attention to detail by working with you to make sure everything's just right. Plus, you'll get several takes of me playing through the song (giving you lots of options), individual drum samples, and heck... I may even throw down some shaker and tambourine action.
- Processed, "beat-detected" tracks (if you like things right on the grid)
- Rendered drum samples using Slate Trigger (if appropriate or desired)
- My "producer hat", which means I'll work with you to come up with a creative, but tasteful drum part that serves your song
- My "engineer hat", which means I'm obsessed with things like mic placement, ensuring everything is in-phase, and sounding great
- My "drummer hat", my ability as a player to adapt to the song, whether it's worship, pop, country, rock, etc.
I'd love to be a part of your next project. Click the CONTACT button to your left and let's talk music.